Eye Infection is common in the people which affect people at any age. It cause because of the allergies, viruses and bacteria which affects both the eyes.
Some types of infection include
Pink Eye Or Conjunctivitis
This type of infection makes the eye red and also it causes you irritation. It is because of the virus and can be allergic and have bacterial reaction.
Hordeolum or Stye
It is caused because of the staphylococcal bacteria which live in the surface of the skin. It reaches to the formulation of lump in red color on the eyelid and also at the eyelash base. It is painful and itchy as well.
It always happens when oil glands of tiny size become clogged near the base and the infection takes place in the eyes. It leads the eyes to burning and itching sensation and also causes tearing in eyes and something go wrong in the eye.
The tissues surround the eyes which become infected with it and also it can be dangerous some time which leads to the problems that lasts too long.
This type of infection causes parasites, fungi, viruses and bacteria which is caused because of the foreign body presence in the eyes and also causes injuries to the cornea.
This infection is mainly a type which takes place in tear duct.
Deficiencies in immune takes place due to exposure with someone in the contagious infection of eye, poor hygiene, chemicals which are harmful, surgery and trauma. This infection leads to the different types of infections.
Some of the symptoms are here which causes pain in eyelids, itching, and sand like feeling in the eye, redness, swallowing and tearing. It also discharges yellow like fluid and also the crust on the eyes.
These types of symptoms vary in different extents from different situations and also it depends on the extent and also the types of infections.
As we know that the infection in eye does not cause any permanent issue and is a serious concern of health which causes discomfort in the body.
“It is a good option to check with your doctor in case of any kind of emergency and check the serious situations which can damage the optic nerves, blood vessels and retina in the eye if it is not treated well”
In the same time, effective, inexpensive and easy home remedies are used which minimizes the symptoms and boosts up the process of healing.
Some of the top home remedies cause the infection in eyes.
1. Warm Compresses
It is an effective remedy which is used to style the conjunctivitis and the heat that comes out from the warm compresses enhances the circulation of blood to the areas and also promotes the healing and it minimizes the swelling and pain and protects the infection.
- Take a free towel and put it in hot water and squeeze it with the liquid.
- Hold this cloth and put it in the moist place and close your eyes for at least 5 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure for about many times.
- Take any scales or oily debris which is collected in the eyelashes and eyelids which are used to clean the cloth.
- Take this treatment and repeat it for few times and you may feel better.
Point To Be Noted
The infection in eyes is used with the warm compresses and for every one of the eye.
Eyebright is an effective tool and treatment is herbal for the infections in eye and it causes conjunctivitis and irritation.
This infection fights against the eyebright and it speeds up the healing process and slows down the infection spreading.
According to the study of 2007 which was published in the “Journal of Complementary Medicine and Alternative” states that
“Euphrasia is a single dose and is good for the conjunctival conditions”
- Take a tsp of eyebright herb with water and keep it aside for at least 10 minutes. Let it cool down and use a cheesecloth to make it clean. Also use the solution to wash your eye in the few days for few times.
- Homeopathy is used with the euphrasia with 10 % drops of eye to fight against the inflammation and irritation. Also put a drop in the eye for a few times and use it on daily basis to clear the infection.
3. Saline Solution
Homemade solution of saline is used to fight against the infection of eye. To wash with the rinse solution is better to do for the itchy, irritated and inflamed eyes.
It is helpful with the collection debris of eyes and also controls in the infections and then ensures the infection which has not to be spreader.
- Take a tsp of salt and mix it with water.
- Mix this solution and let it simmer completely.
- Use the solution to wash the eye completely and repeat this treatment for a few times.
Point To Be Noted
There may be a possibility to distill the water and use the tap water which contains the impurities and chemicals.
4. Colloidal Silver
Colloidal Silver is good to effect the eye in order to minimize the itching and irritation which is caused because if he bacterial and viral infections.
It has tiny silver particles which suspends in the water and are used as the eye drops. It picks up the infection in cells and attracts it electromagnetically. These cells infect and then eliminate the bloodstream.
- Take 2 drops of the colloidal silver in that eye and also blink it. Take this procedure seriously for few times so that that the infection may clear.
- An option could be like counter colloidal the silver ointment and then apply this around the eyes to protect them from itchiness.
Honey contains antibacterial properties which are good in killing the bacteria and it also causes infection in eye.
According to the study of 2006 which was published in Cornea highlights that
“The effect is antibacterial and it takes place on the flora of ocular shape which tears in the Meibomian gland disease and tear deficiency”
To get the best results, it is good to use organically raised honey and anuka honey.
- Take every part of the distilled water and honey and mix it in equal quantity. Use a ball of cotton and clean it properly and also apply this solution on the eye. Use the treatment for about 3 to 4 times and clear out all the other symptoms.
- Drop of honey can be put on in the eye and with the natural tearing of eye, this honey can get rid of the dirt it has got in the debris. Use this remedy for about 3 to 4 times in a day.
6. Green Tea
Green tea has got tannic acid and it is quite rich with it. It helps in keeping the infection away and provides relief to the itchy eyes and also reduces the eye puffiness. It has got a number of nutrients and also some antioxidants which help in the contribution of health of eye.
- Take tea bags of green tea and put it in the hot water for some time.
- Remove these bags from water and squeeze them from the excess of water and put it in the refrigerator and cool them.
- Use this cool tea and rinse your eyes with it.
- Place these moist tea bags in the eyes and keep it aside for some minutes.
- Repeat this procedure for about 3 times and let the symptoms gone forever.
Do not use the green tea bags and use black tea bags instead.
Chamomile is called as the anti – inflammatory, antimicrobial and anti – irritant properties which makes it incredible effective for the conjunctivitis treatment. It has calmative and soothing properties which minimize the irritation, under eye puffiness, redness and swelling under the eyes.
- Take dried chamomile and put it in the water. Cover this and let it simmer down for at least 5 minutes. Keep it at room temperature and use the solution to clean the inner and outer eye.
- Repeat this procedure for about few hours in a day.
- Chamomile can be used by keeping it in the refrigerator for few hours and put it on the eyelids which were closed and it could not repeat this same thing. A bit of time was given to the closed eyelids and this remedy could be repeated for few hours.
8. Boric Acid
This boric acid was helpful in the dealing of eye infection and also the problems related to it like tearing, dryness, burning sensation and redness. It has got antifungal and antibacterial properties which help in the treatment of soothe irritation and infection.
- Take the medicinal grade boric acid and put it in water.
- Take this solution and cool it down for few minutes.
- Strain this solution and clean this with cheesecloth.
- Wash your eyes with this solution.
- Repeat the procedure for at least 3 times and also apply the fresh solution at every step.
Point To Be Noted
A bit of burning or stinging may take place and it soon goes away.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
It treats the pink eye and also the apple cider vinegar is effective in this case. It treats eye effectively and also helps in the working of antimicrobial agent. It fights against the bacteria. It also removes the debris and germs which helps in the promotion of eyes and also heals it.
- Take a tsp of apple cider vinegar and mix it in a glass of water.
- Dip this ball of cotton in a solution.
- Use this to wash properly in and outside of the eye which is infected.
- Also repeat it many times completely.
10. Breast Milk
This remedy is effective and helpful to fight against the pink eye and it is helpful especially in case of babies.
It has got immunoglobulin E and antibodies which protects the person from infections and also cause bacteria which attaches mucosal surface of eye. It also limits the growth of bacteria and heals the infection on urgent basis.
- Take breast milk and put it in the cup.
- Use this eye dropper and put few drops of breast milk into the eye which is infected.
- Also apply some couple of hours on it.
This breast milk is good in the treatment of infection present in babies.
- Spread some water on the eyes and apply it for few more times to make your eyes strengthen.
- Few drops of this solution can help in relieving the symptoms which are linked to the infections in eye.
- Wash your eyes with this rose water for at least two times in a day. Rosewater can also be applied on the eyes to get the instant relief to get rid of itching.
- Take some amount of tearless shampoo of baby and put it in a cup of water. Use this mixture to clean your eyes debris.
- During this, an infection can be avoided and you can wear the lenses for many days.
- O not use hands on the infected eyes and washes them first.
- Sharing of bedding and towels is not important and it can protect you from spreading of the infection.
- Do not wear the makeup on eyes and also avoid this if you apply any makeup which causes infection in your eyes.
- Keep the cleansers, hand sanitizers and also the sprays which are anti – infective are used accordingly with the passage of time.
- The infection in the eye gets better in few days by the consultation of doctor.