After the continuous rubbing of skin with a cloth then it may be red somehow or get irritated and painful. This is called as chafing and this condition is quite uncomfortable which gets worse with the passage of time along with sweating on constant basis and also the weight of the body becomes excess. The friction enhances in with the excess in pressure, excessive dryness, cold, humidity and heat.
Due to the occurrence of chafing in body, neck, groin, underarms, nipples, thighs and body then they become vulnerable. The problem becomes common in people who exercise enthusiastically and the ones who are overweight and the people with sensitive skin.
The problem is very much common in the people and the ones who exercise and have very sensitive skin. the marks or patches on the skin and the burning sensations and rashes are the symptoms which are common and they make the treatment worse with the passage of time. This area which is affected badly has got the sensation of burning and can become worse as well. The stings if come in contact with water then this situation can become worse.
It is not a dangerous thing to be considered this way as it becomes unpleasant and leads to the broken skin which enhances the infection risk and also some other complications.
To comfort the burning, it is important to chaff the skin and use the home remedies which are simple and the cause is needed to be determined for the friction and also the occurrence can be stopped to heal the skin.
Some of the top home remedies for this chaffing is as follows
1. Cold Compresses
Chafed skin can be treated with the application of cold compresses on the areas which are affected as soon as it is possible. It minimizes the irritation and redness.
Take some ice cubes and put them in a towel.
- Place this over the area which is affected for about 5 minutes.
- Give some time and then apply it again.
- Repeat this procedure for few more days to get relief.
Affected area can be washed with the cold water.
Point To Be Noted
Ice should not be applied directly on the skin.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera helps in the calmness of skin irritation to a maximum extent. It has glycoprotein in it which minimizes the inflammation and pain whereas the polysaccharides help in stimulation of the skin cells. It boosts up the process of healing and also decreases the infection risk.
- Take an aloe Vera leaf and scoop it out of the gel. Apply this on the skin which is affected for about 3 to 4 times in a day. If an aloe Vera plant is not available then you are allowed to purchase at least 100 percent from it and get from any kind of pharmacy.
- As an alternative, take aloe Vera juice in a cup and mix it with brewed green tea and then mix it with lavender oil. Then transfer it in the spray bottle and then spray it over the chafed skin for two times in one day.
Oatmeal has medicinal properties which can help in soothe, moisturizer and cleansing of chafed skin.
According to the study of 2007 which was published in “Journal of Drugs in Dermatology” states that
“Oatmeal is an excellent agent and an anti – inflammatory property which soothes and prevents the skin”
- Take at least 2 cups of oatmeal powder and put it in the bathtub and mix it with warm water.
- Soak it in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your body with warm water.
- Make your skin dry with soft towel.
- Repeat this remedy for one time in a day.
Point To Be Noted
Do not use scrub or rub your skin which is affected.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a moisturizer which is used to treat the chafed skin and also it gives facilitation to the healing of the skin because of the vitamin E present in it and also the antioxidant content.
Take a bath and put some drops of olive oil on the palm of your hand. Apply this material on the part of skin which is affected and then apply again for few more times for a whole day. Coconut oil can be used to treat chaff and also vitamin E is very good for the treatment of chaff.
5. Baking Soda
Baking Soda is helpful in minimizing the itching and pain linked with this chafed skin. it has got healing properties and it helps in the chaffing on quick basis and also it minimizes the infection risk.
- Take baking soda and also some water. Mix them together. Add some drops of lavender oil in it.
- Apply this mixture on the area which is affected and wait for few minutes before your wash it off.
- Repeat this for few days on daily basis.
Point To be Noted
Baking soda should not be left on your skin for much time as it causes irritation.
Turmeric has got curcumin and it has the anti – inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It protects the skin from the infection and also it helps in the minimizing the time of healing. It also minimizes the risk of scarring.
According to the study of 2007 which was published in “Advances in Experimental Medicine & Biology” states that
“This curcumin acts as a nontoxic agent which treats all the diseases of skin. Free radicals are removed to protect the skin and also the reduction of inflammation through the nuclear factor which is KB process”
- Take turmeric powder and mix it with water.
- Apply this paste on the area which is affected.
- Cover this area completely with a cotton cloth and then let it settle down for at least 30 minutes before you wash it.
- Repeat the procedure for about 3 times on daily basis.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is a topical treatment which is effective for the irritations of skin and it also includes chaffing. Also it protects the infections because of the antimicrobial properties.
- Take a ball and dip it in water. Also sprinkle some drops of tea tree oil over it and then press the ball of cotton on the skin which is affected. Repeat this procedure for two times at least till your skin heals completely.
- As an alternative, put some drops of tea tree oil on the unscented moisturizer and then apply this on the areas which are affected.
Point To Be Noted
Undiluted tea tree oil should not be applied on the skin as it causes irritation badly.
Calendula is effective and safe remedy for the chaffing process and also it gives rashes on the diaper and the inflammation of skin occurs. To have rich calendula and flavonoids, protection of skin is best and also it damages the skin completely with free radicals and speeds up the process of healing.
- Take few drops of calendula oil and apply it on the areas which are affected for about 3 times in a day.
- As an alternative, take dried calendula flowers, dried chamomile and green tea in water. Cool it down and then strain it in warm water. Soak this in water for about 20 minutes and then make it dry.
- Enjoy the bath for about once in these days.
9. Corn starch
Sweating makes the chaff worse as it has sweet minerals in it and it then irritates the skin badly. Cornstarch helps in absorption of moisture and it helps in making the skin dry and also it minimizes the friction.
- Clean the skin which is affected with warm water and a mild antiseptic soap.
- Dry the area with this soft towel.
- Also put dust cornstarch on it.
- Then apply this mixture again on it.
Point To Be Noted
Cornstarch must be applied on the moist skin and also it boosts up the fungal infection risk.
10. Indian Lilac
Because of the anti – inflammatory properties, antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties are present in this Indian lilac and it is called as margosa and neem. It is effective in the treatment of chaffing.
- Take a handful of neem and put it in water for about 20 minutes and then strain this solution and let it cool down. Wash the area which is affected for few times on daily basis for few days.
- Apply this neem oil, lotion or cream on the areas which are affected for few times on daily basis.
- See the cause of chaff and adjust yourself according to this and protect yourself from recurring.
- Also apply the calamine lotion on the areas which are affected as it provides the relief from itchiness and boosts up the process of healing.
- While doing exercises, wear the fitting clothes and the ones made of fiber. It minimizes the perspiration and then dries out the natural materials. Use this compression shorts and spandex cycling shorts and also the athletic tights which causes no friction and stretch.
- Do not wear the clothes which are tight and the belts, clothes and underwear that cause sweat and worsen your skin with chaff.
- Take the baby powder which is unscented which may keep dryness in your skin.
- You may suffer from obesity which leads to the thighs chafes. By eating the diet which is healthy and full of vegetables, whole wheat grains and fruits and also helps in controlling the weight loss.
- Take the foods which are very much rich in Vitamin C and A, Beta carotene and zinc in the diet.
- Take hydrated water and also eliminate the dryness which leads to the chafing.